Borough Local Plan
Borough Local Plan 2013-2033 Submission Version
The Borough Local Plan 2013-2033 Submission Version, Policies Maps, Sustainability Appraisal and other supporting documents are now available for inspection under Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 from Friday 30 June 2017 to 5pm on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
We have decided to extend the period for making Regulation 20 representations following queries from residents and local residents groups who were concerned that our earlier press releases and library communications about Regulation 19 did not accurately explain the procedure for making Regulation 20 representations.
The revised deadline for making representations will be 5pm on Wednesday, 27 September 2017. By taking this step, the period for making representations on the Borough Local Plan 2013-2033 Submission Version, which we published on 30 June 2017, will now exceed 12 weeks.
Representations during Regulation 19 can be made:
- Online through the consultation portal where representations can be made against specific consultation points (e.g. chapters/maps etc.).
- By emailing planning policy ([email protected]): a representation form (which is available to download from the website, or available in hard copy from libraries/parish councils), free text or a scanned written document.
- By completing a representation form available from the libraries/parish councils and posting it to Planning Policy via the freepost address (FREEPOST RBWM PLANNING POLICY).
- By sending letters to Planning Policy via the freepost address (FREEPOST RBWM PLANNING POLICY).
- By calling the contact centre and asking them to record comments before sending these comments back to the resident for signing off and submitting.
Further details and information on how to make a representation can be viewed on our Borough Local Plan Submission version page.
You can follow @RBWM on Twitter - search for #RBWM_BLP for any Borough Local Plan updates.
These Frequently Asked Questions may help you in further understanding the Local Planmaking process and in particular where the Submission version of the Borough Local Plan sits within this.
For further background on the Borough Local Plan see our Borough Local Plan Communications downloads.
Reg 18 Draft Borough Local Plan - December 2016
A consultation on the draft Borough Local Plan (BLP) was undertaken from Friday 2 December 2016 for six weeks until Friday 13 January 2017. This was a consultation under Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2012. Responses received during the consultation period have been carefully considered and used to inform the preparation of the Submission version of the BLP. The consultation document, supporting evidence and received comments can be viewed on our consultation portal .
Summer 2015 consultation
We ran an online consultation between 29 June and 30 September 2015 to ask residents’ opinions on some planning policy questions. Around 650 responses were received and are being analysed. In addition there were focused consultations on various pieces of the evidence base for the plan.
First Preferred Options consultation 2014
Between Friday 10 January and Friday 21 March 2014 we undertook a consultation on the First Preferred Options consultation document. A number of evidence documents (external link) including the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitat Regulations Screening Opinion were also on the website during that period. We received over 6,000 responses by around 1,000 respondents, copies may be viewed on Consultation Responses. A consultation report and some of the evidence documents can be viewed in the consultation portal
We have undertaken a number of earlier consultations. These are:
- The Options Paper, a public consultation on options was held from March until May 2009.
- 'Planning for the Future’, a public consultation on specific land use issues was undertaken in February – March 2012.
- Sites Consultation 2012, a public consultation on housing and employment sites was held from November 2012 until January 2013.
Details of these consultations are set out in the January 2014 Consultation Statement.
Earlier Core Strategy work is still available on our website.