COVID19 : resident and business update

We will continue to keep residents and businesses updated about our community response hub, waste collections, and much more via our website and social media.

More information

Make a complaint


Please note: that due to the current situation regarding the COVID-19 many of our officers are delivering essential services and supporting the effort to protect residents.

We will continue to provide a complaints service, however complaints will be prioritised. The investigation and response timelines under the council’s corporate complaints process have been extended to 30 working days at stage one and 30 working days at stage two, this is to allow officers the additional time they need.

The complaints and compliments team will keep in touch with you and update you as appropriate.  

We are keeping this service under constant review and will advise you if there are any further changes, which includes the potential to pause the service should this become necessary.

Thank you for your understanding while we prioritise council resources at this time.

Please make a complaint if you feel:

  • We have done something wrong,
  • Our standard of service is not as it should be.

Please be advised that Social Services have their own statutory appeals procedures. 

To report a missed bin collection, please complete the missed bin online form.

To report a highway or street concern, please use our report it forms

If you wish to provide more general feedback about how we can improve our services, or do not wish to receive a formal response, then please use our feedback form. For further details on our complaints policy, please see our complaints procedure and policy documents.

When making your complaint please provide as much information as possible:

  • What we did wrong?
  • When this happened?
  • What should have happened in your opinion?
  • What policy or procedure has not been followed?
  • Why you believe it was not followed?
  • How we can put it right?
  • Any other outcomes you are wanting?

We will need your:

  • Full name,
  • Address,
  • Telephone number and
  • Email address.


  • In order to track your complaint please sign into your ‘My Account’ before completing the form.
  • If you do not have a ‘My Account’ please register.
  • You can proceed with your complaint without signing in or registering but will not be able to track the progress of your complaint online.

Make a complaint online  

Alternatively you can:

We will deal with your complaint fairly, appropriately, timely and within any statutory guidelines. 

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is governed by the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO)