Stafferton Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre, Maidenhead
Stafferton Way Household Waste and Recycling Site reopens
Stafferton Way Household Waste and Recycling Site reopened on Monday 11 May 2020 following a temporary closure due to the COVID-19 outbreak to give residents the chance to dispose of waste that cannot be safely stored at home.
- Stafferton Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre, Maidenhead
- Opening times
October to March
Opens at 8am
Last entry is 4.15pm
April to September
Opens at 8am
Last entry is 7.45pm
The site is open seven days a week and only closes on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Every time you visit with a van or commercial-type vehicle to dispose of your own household waste and recycling at the Stafferton Way site, will need to apply for a permit
- Items accepted
Items accepted for recycling:
- Paper and card
- Plastic (except plastic bags and film)
- Textiles and shoes
- Green garden waste
- Hardcore and soil
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil
- Fluorescent tubes and electrical bulbs
- Small and large electrical items
We can accept the following items but they cannot be recycled:
- Car batteries
- Gas cylinders
- Bulky items such as furniture and large toys
- Asbestos and Artex Coated Plasterboard must be double wrapped and labelled asbestos waste. Please use a red inner bag with asbestos warnings and a clear outer bag. Alternatively wrap in suitable polythene sheeting (1000-gauge) and label accordingly. No more than three sheets (e.g.2m x 1m) or sacks of cement bonded asbestos can be taken to Stafferton Way. Avoid breaking up large pieces of asbestos waste.
If you are carrying out your own home improvements, we can accept the equivalent of one car boot load (six sacks) per trip, per month.
We cannot accept:
- Clinical waste
- Hazardous waste
- Demolition and construction waste
Located off Stafferton Way, Maidenhead SL6 1AY
Follow signs for the Civic Amenity Centre.
- Additional information
The Stafferton Way site is for the use of residents of the Royal Borough only. You will be asked to produce your Advantage Card as proof of residency. Alternatively you can produce photo ID together with proof of residency such as a council tax statement or utility bill.
Please note there is a height restriction barrier which operates at 2.1m or 6'9''.
In additon trailers are admitted to the site but as large vehicles are unable to manoeuvre safely on site and can block access for other users, the maximum size of trailer permitted is 2m x 1.3m wide. The maximum length for vans and cars with trailers is 5.56m
Royal Borough residents can also use Slough Borough Council's Chalvey site. Residents can also use Surrey County Council's Swift Lane, Bagshot site, although temporarily closed for two weeks. These sites are provided by other local authorities and their rules and regulations for disposing of rubbish may be different so please check their websites for times and what can be disposed of:
- Swift Lane, Bagshot GU19 5NJ (only available to residents from the Ascot area or with an SL5 postcode and now only takes recycling and not general waste). This site is temporarily closed for two weeks.
Please note Royal Borough residents can only take items along in a car to the Swift Lane Bagshot and Chalvey sites. If you are a Royal Borough resident and turn up with a van or trailer, you will be turned away.