This play area and park is open. Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
(Tueday 7 July 2020)
Size: 31 hectacres
A walk around the perimeter of the Park will contribute 5,000 steps to the advised 10,000 daily steps recommended to improve fitness.
BBQs are not permitted in any of the parks and open spaces.
- Location and access details
Home Park is located on Romney Lock Road, off King Edward VII Avenue in Windsor.
- Car park - pay and display. Park and Ride service to Windsor town centre.
- Play area for 3-12 year olds
- Cricket - Windsor Cricket Club website and Cranbourne Cricket Clubweb site
- Rugby Windsor Rugby Club website
- Grass tennis courts - Home Park Tennis Club web site
- Archery - Windsor Forest Bowmen web site
- Angling - Old Windsor Angling Club - 01628 602537
- Athletics - Datchet Dashers website
- Royal Windsor Horse Show (which takes place in the private area of the grounds) Windsor Horse Show website
- Royal Windsor Dog Show
- Walking - The Thames Path National Trail runs through the Parkwebsite.
Home Park Public forms part of the Crown Estate, lying in the setting of Windsor Castle. The Park formed part of the private grounds of Windsor Castle until 1851, when Queen Victoria authorised and commanded that the land should be used for the recreation of the inhabitants of Windsor.
Today the 31 hectacre Park is managed by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and is used for sport, events and casual recreation. The Park is the main sports venue in Windsor, providing a base for clubs, including angling, archery, cricket, tennis and rugby. The Royal Windsor Horse Show and the Royal Windsor Dog Show both use the Park for their annual events and the Park is used for occasional ceremonial events such as state visits, royal weddings and other civil/military occasions.
The Park also provides an attractive setting for casual users, for children's play, dog walking or a stroll along the Thames Path which runs through the site.
Home Park was awarded Green Flag status in July 2012 for the fourth year in recognition of achieving the national standard for parks and green spaces in England & Wales.
If you have any suggestions for improvements, or are interested in joining the Home Park User Group, please get in touch at [email protected].