1. Applying for a Primary, First or Junior school
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is now delivering its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and London Borough of Richmond.
Primary School Admissions covers pupils starting at either:
- A Primary or First school at the beginning of the reception year
- A Junior school at the beginning of Year 3
Applicable Birth Date Range for September 2018 entry:
- Year Reception entry - 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2014 (Primary, First or Infant School)
- Year 3 entry - 01/09/2010 to 31/08/2011 (Junior School)
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child's entry.
Key Dates for Academic Year 2018/19
- Opening date - Wednesday 1 November 2017
- Closing date - Monday 15 January 2018
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Tuesday 30 January 2018
- National Offer Day - Monday 16 April 2018
- Deadline to respond to a school place offer - Tuesday 08 May 2018
- Waiting list positions for all applicants and late applicant offers - after Monday 21 May 2018
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission to Primary School 2018. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
Please note in November 2017 the Office of the Schools Adjudicator agreed to a variation to the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead 2018/19 Admission Arrangements which reduced the published admission number for Alwyn Infant School from 101 to 90 from September 2018.
The online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications but you may still view your submitted application using the link below. You can also access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application.
Late applications, i.e. those submitted after the closing date (Monday 15 January 2018) will be considered during the second round of allocations, and decision letters will be sent from Tuesday 22 May 2018.
Details about how places have been allocated over previous have been published below:
- Allocation information for Academic Year 2017/2018
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2016/2017
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2015/2016
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2014/2015
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2013/2014
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2012/2013