1. Applying for a Primary, Infant, First or Junior school (September 2020 entry)
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
September 2020 Entry
11/12/2019 - Update regarding Lowbrook Academy for September 2020 entry. The school have informed us that they will be admitting 60 children into Year Reception for September 2020. The published admission number remains at 30.
Primary School Admissions covers pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - born between 01/09/2015 to 31/08/2016.
- Junior school at the beginning of Year 3 - born between 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2013.
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child's entry. Full details of the process can be found in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2020 guide.
Key Dates for Academic Year 2020/21
- Opening date - Monday 11 November 2019.
- Closing date - Wednesday 15 January 2020.
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Wednesday 29 January 2020.
- National Offer Day - Thursday 16 April 2020.
- Respond to a school place offer - Thursday 30 April 2020.
- Waiting list positions for all applicants and late applicant offers - from 26 May 2020.
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Applications should be made online and can be amended up until applications close at 23:59 on Wednesday 15 January 2020. You can access the online system on National Offer day to view the outcome of your application.
Please read the Admission into Primary School September 2020 guide before making your application. This sets out the application process and your responsibilities as the applicant.
Please read the Guide to using the ONE Admissions Portal should you experience any difficulty making your application before contacting school admissions for support. The wording on the live portal may be different to the wording on the guide due to a recent upgrade but the process remains the same.
Applications submitted after the closing date will be considered during the second round of allocations, and decision letters will be sent from 26 May 2020.
Details about how places have been allocated over the previous three years have been published below: