1. Applying for a Primary, Infant, First or Junior school for entry in September 2019
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is now delivering its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and London Borough of Richmond.
Respond to your school place offer for September 2019 entry
The deadline to respond to a school place offer was Monday 6 May 2019. The online portal is no longer available to respond to an offer or to request to be placed onto a waiting list for a higher preferred school.
If you have not been offered a named school and you would like to be considered for other options or if you still have not responded to an offer, please email [email protected].
Offers are made on the basis of the information supplied on the application form. Fraudulent or misleading applications may lead to the subsequent withdrawal of an offer.
Waiting Lists for September 2019 Entry
Further offers will be made to applicants from the waiting lists as places become available from Monday 20 May 2019. The Admissions Team will continue to co-ordinate all offers until the end of August 2019.
Waiting lists are ranked by the school's over-subscription criteria, and your child's position may go up or down as names are added and removed from the list.
The point of contact for waiting list information will depend on the individual school.
The following schools maintain their own waiting lists and must be contacted directly:
- Bisham CE Primary School - 01628 482910
- Cheapside CE Primary School - 01344 621112
- Clewer Green CE First School - 01753 864544
- Cookham Dean CE Primary School - 01628 482734
- Datchet St. Mary's CE Primary School - 01753 542982
- Holy Trinity CE Primary School (Sunningdale) - 01344 620716
- Holyport CE Primary School - 01628 627743
- Knowl Hill CE Primary School - 01628 822584
- Lowbrook Academy - 01628 671355
- St. Edmund Campion Catholic Primary School - 01628 620183
- St. Edward's First School - 01753 860607
- St. Francis Catholic Primary School - 01344 622840
- St. Mary's Catholic Primary School - 01628 622570
- St. Michael's CE Primary School - 01344 622118
- The Royal First School - 01784 434274
- Trinity St. Stephen CE First School - 01753 862540
- White Waltham CE Academy - 01628 822533
Note: Schools may not be available to answer calls during school holidays. The Admissions Team do not have any information relating to waiting lists for the above schools.
We will manage the waiting lists on behalf of the following Academy and Free schools only until 31 August 2019.
- Braywick Court Free School
- Burchetts Green CE Infant School
- Dedworth Green First School
- Eton Porny CE First School
- St. Luke's CE Primary School
Waiting list requests will only be considered by the Admissions Team until the end of August 2019 when the lists are transferred to the respective schools.
The Admissions Team will manage the waiting lists for all Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools throughout the academic year 2019/2020:
- All Saints CE Junior School
- Alexander First School
- Alwyn Infant School
- Boyne Hill CE Infant School
- Braywood CE First School
- Cookham Rise Primary School
- Courthouse Junior School
- Eton Wick CE First School
- Furze Platt Infant School;
- Furze Platt Junior School
- Hilltop First School
- Holy Trinity CE Primary School (Cookham)
- Homer First School
- Kings Court First School
- Larchfield Primary School
- Oakfield First School
- Oldfield Primary School
- Riverside Primary School
- South Ascot Village Primary School
- The Queen Anne RF CE First School
- Waltham St. Lawrence Primary School
- Wessex Primary School
- Woodlands Park Primary School
- Wraysbury Primary School
Please email: [email protected] to request your child's waiting list position.
If you have not requested for your child's name to be added to a waiting list, please email [email protected]. You can only request to be added to a waiting list for higher preferred schools named on your application. Requests for lower preferred schools are invalid and will not be considered. Instead, you must submit a request for a late change of preference in writing. We will not accept a request to change your preference over the telephone.
If you have applied for a school place outside the borough, please contact the appropriate authority for their waiting list rules.
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if a parent/carer wishes to delay or defer their child's entry.
Coordinated primary school admissions cover those pupils starting at either:
- A primary, first or infant school at the beginning of the reception year - Children born between 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2015
- A junior school at the beginning of year 3 - Children born between 01/09/2011 to 31/08/2012.
Applications for a school place during the normal round of admissions must be made through your home authority - this is the council you live in and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-RBWM schools through this same application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the Admissions into Primary School September 2019 Guide. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
The online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications. If you would like to make a late application please contact school admissions to request a form, email: [email protected].
Late applications will be considered during the second round of allocations which runs from Monday 20 May 2019.
You will have the right of appeal if you have not been offered one or more preferred schools named on your application. The closing date for submission of appeals to be heard in the first round is Friday 24 May 2019. Please visit the Democratic Services webpage for more information.
Home to School Transport
The home to school transport policy and information on how to apply.
Allocation information for current and previous years:
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2019/2020.
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2018/2019.
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2017/2018.
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2016/2017.
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2015/2016.
- Allocation Information for Academic Year 2014/2015.