1. Applying for a Primary, Infant, First or Junior school for entry in September 2019
September 2019 Entry
This applies to applications for entry into reception at a primary, infant or first school and entry into year 3 at a junior school only.
The online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications. You may still view your submitted application using the link below. You can also access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application.
Late applications, i.e. those submitted after the closing date (Monday 15 January 2019) will be considered during the second round of allocations in May 2019.
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2019. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
Please email [email protected] for a late application form if you are a RBWM resident, otherwise please contact your Local Authority for further information.
Primary School Admissions covers pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - Born between 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2015
- Junior school at the beginning of year 3 - Born between 01/09/2011 to 31/08/2012
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child's entry. Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2019.
Key Dates for Academic Year 2019/2020
- Opening date - Thursday 1 November 2018
- Closing date - Tuesday 15 January 2019 (Midday)
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Wednesday 30 January 2019
- National Offer Day - Tuesday 16 April 2019
- Respond to a school place offer - Wednesday 1 May 2019
- Waiting list positions for all applicants and late applicant offers - from May 2019
Details about how places have been allocated over previous years have been published below: