1. Applying for a Primary, Infant, First or Junior school (September 2020 entry)
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
The Admissions Team is now operating a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in the Admission into Primary School September 2020 guide.
September 2020 Entry
Wednesday 11 December 2019 - Update regarding Lowbrook Academy for September 2020 entry. The school have informed us that they will be admitting 60 children into Year Reception for September 2020. The published admission number remains at 30.
The online facility for on time applications is now closed and is not available for late applications. You may still view your submitted application using the link below. You can also access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application.
Late applications, i.e. those submitted after the closing date (Wednesday 15 January 2020) will be considered during the second round of allocations in May 2020.
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2020 guide. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
Please email [email protected] for a late application form if you are a Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead resident, otherwise please contact your own Local Authority for further information.
Primary School Admissions covers pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - born between 01/09/2015 to 31/08/2016.
- Junior school at the beginning of Year 3 - born between 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2013.
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay or defer your child's entry. Full details of the process can be found in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2020 guide.
Key Dates for Academic Year 2020/21
- Opening date - Monday 11 November 2019.
- Closing date - Wednesday 15 January 2020.
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances - Wednesday 29 January 2020.
- National Offer Day - Thursday 16 April 2020.
- Respond to a school place offer - Thursday 30 April 2020.
- Waiting list positions for all applicants and late applicant offers - from Tuesday 26 May 2020.
Details about how places have been allocated over the previous three years have been published below: