1. Applying for a Primary, First or Junior school
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is now delivering its school admissions service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and London Borough of Richmond.
September 2019 Entry
Please ensure you read the Admission into Primary School September 2019 guide before completing your application.
Primary School Admissions covers pupils starting at either:
- Primary or First school at the beginning of Reception - Born between 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2015
- Junior school at the beginning of year 3 - Born between 01/09/2011 to 31/08/2012
Children in England can take up a full-time school place in a Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday, but there is no requirement for them to be in full-time education until the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. An application must still be made at the correct time even if you wish to delay OR defer your child’s entry. Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2019.
Key Dates for Academic Year 2019/2020
- Opening date – Thursday 1 November 2018
- Closing date – Tuesday 15 January 2019 (Midday)
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances – Wednesday 30 January 2019
- National Offer Day – Tuesday 16 April 2019
- Respond to a school place offer – Wednesday 1 May 2019
- Waiting list positions for all applicants and late applicant offers – from May 2019
Applications for a school place must be made through your home authority - this is the council where you live and to which you pay council tax. Residents can apply for non-Royal Borough schools using this application process.
Full details of the admissions process are published in the online guide - Admission into Primary School September 2019. Please take time to read this guide before applying.
Applications should be made online and can be amended up until applications close at midday on Monday 15 January 2019. You can access the online system on National Offer day to view the outcome of your application.
Please read the Guide to using the ONE Admissions Portal should you experience any difficulty making your application before contacting school admissions for support. The wording on the live portal may be different to the wording on the guide due to the recent upgrade but the process remains the same.
Applications submitted after the closing date will be considered during the second round of allocations, and decision letters will be sent from May 2018.
Details about how places have been allocated over previous years have been published below: