Applying for a Secondary, Middle or Upper school
Waiting List Positions for September 2017 Entry
Waiting list positions will be available from Monday 3 April 2017.
Waiting lists are ranked by the school's over-subscription criteria, and your position may go up or down as names are added and removed from a list.
The Admissions Team will manage the waiting lists on behalf of the following Academy and Free Schools only, until 31 August 2017:
- Charters School
- Desborough College
- Dedworth Middle School
- Holyport College (Day places only. Please contact the school directly for boarding place enquiries.)
- Trevelyan Middle School
- The Windsor Boys' School
- Windsor Girls' School
Please call 01628 683870 for waiting list information.
These Academy schools maintain their own waiting lists and must be contacted directly:
- Altwood CE Secondary School - 01628 622236
- Churchmead VA Secondary School - 01753 211330
- Cox Green School - 01628 629415
- Furze Platt Senior School - 01628 625308
- Newlands Girls’ School - 01628 625068
- St. Edward’s RF Middle School - 01753 867809
- St. Peter’s CE Middle School - 01753 866253
Please do not contact the Admissions team for waiting list information for these Academy schools as we will not have it.
Note: All schools are on Easter Break from 31 March 2017 to 18 April 2017 and school staff may not be available to answer calls at all times.
Respond to a School Place Offer for September 2017 Entry
The deadline to respond to a school place offer was Thursday 16 March. The online form is no longer available to accept or decline an offer or to request for your child’s name to be added to a waiting list for one or more higher preferred school(s).
If you still have not responded to an offer please contact School Admissions [email protected].
Secondary School Admissions covers those pupils starting at either:
- a Middle school at the beginning of Year 5
- a Secondary school at the beginning of Year 7
- an Upper school at the beginning of Year 9
Full details of the admissions process are published in the Guide to Secondary, Middle and Upper Schools. Please take the time to read this guide before applying
Key Dates for Academic Year 2017/18
- Opening date – Monday 5 September 2016.
- Closing date – Monday 31 October 2016.
- Extended deadline for exceptional circumstances – Monday 21 November 2016.
- National Offer Day – Wednesday 1 March 2017.
- Begin processing of late applications - 2 March 2017.
- Deadline to respond to a school place offer – Thursday 16 March 2017.
- Waiting list positions and further offers for all applicants – after Monday 3 April 2017.
All applications for a school place must be made to your home authority - this is who you pay your council tax to. Royal Borough residents must apply for non-Royal Borough schools through the Royal Borough application process.
The online facility for on time applications is now closed but you may still view your submitted application using the link below. You can also access the online system on National Offer Day to view the outcome of your application.
The online facility is not available for late applicants. If you would like to make a late application please download one of the forms below and return it to The School Admissions Team at The Town Hall.
- Middle School Year 5 Entry September 2017 Common Application Form.
- Upper School or Holyport College Year 9 Entry September 2017 Common Application Form.
- Secondary School Year 7 Entry September 2017 Common Application Form.
Applying to Grammar Schools
All schools in the Royal Borough are comprehensive and meet the needs of all ability ranges. This means they do not require entrance exams as a form of entry. Grammar schools are available in neighbouring authorities. If you wish your child to apply for a grammar school then you must:
- Register to sit the entrance exam with the the relevant local authority under which your preferred Grammar schools sits. Your child must sit an entrance exam to be considered for these schools.
- Make an application via the Royal Borough, if you are our resident, between September and the 31 October for your preferred schools.
We recommend that you discuss this first with their current head teacher and also contact any grammar schools you are interested in to ensure that you have all the necessary information.
Please see information below if you are interested in Buckinghamshire County Council Grammar schools.
Parents who wish their child to attend a Buckinghamshire Grammar School can register their child for testing on our Buckinghamshire’s website, from 3pm on Monday 8 May 2017.
The deadline for parents to register their child is 3pm on 30 June 2017.
Buckinghamshire’s test dates are as follows:
Preparation Test – 12 September 2017
Transfer Test – 14 September 2017
For further information please refer to Buckinghamshire’s website,.
For other authorities, you should contact them directly.
Please see the information below for details on how places have been allocated over previous years.
Allocation Information 2017/2018
Allocation Information 2016/2017
Allocation Information 2015/2016
- Secondary School Allocation Information - Year 7 Entry - September 2015.
- Middle School Allocation Information - Year 5 Entry - September 2015.
- Upper School Allocation Information - Year 9 Entry - September 2015.
Allocation Information 2014/2015
- Secondary School Allocation Information - Year 7 Entry - September 2014.
- Middle School Allocation Information - Year 5 Entry - September 2014.
- Upper School and Holyport College Allocation Information - Year 9 Entry - September 2014.
Allocation Information 2013/2014
- Secondary School Allocation Information - September 2013.
- Middle & Upper School Allocation Information - September 2013.