2. Make an appeal
Your appeal should be lodged as soon as possible after receiving your refusal letter. Appeals are heard throughout the year.
The deadlines for lodging appeals for the main round of appeals to be heard in the summer, for entry into schools in September 2020, are as follows:
- Secondary appeals - Friday 27 March 2020.
- Primary appeals - Friday 22 May 2020.
Forms for the main round of appeals received after these dates will be accepted, but there may be some delay in the hearing of such appeals.
Please ensure you have:
- any supporting documentation ready to upload, eg. proof of residency, if moving house is the reason for your appeal,
- a copy of your refusal letter,
- supporting documentation if appealing on medical, social or welfare grounds,
- prepared a statement outlining your reasons you wish your child to attend your preferred school and the grounds for your appeal.
Have you made a previous appeal?, if so, please complete our previous appeal form and submit along with your new appeal.