1. Requesting an investigation
You can request an investigation into what appears to be unauthorised building work or uses of land.
To request an investigation you will need to provide:
- Details of the property in question,
- Details of the owner / occupier (if known),
- A summary for the requested investigation.
- Up to three supporting photographs (if possible),
- Your details.
We will keep your identity confidential and will not reveal it to the people you have requested an investigation about unless you want to give up your right to stay anonymous (for example, by agreeing to take part in court proceedings).
We have a formal policy in relation to planning enforcement: Planning enforcement policy.