COVID19 : resident and business update

We will continue to keep residents and businesses updated about our community response hub, waste collections, and much more via our website and social media.

More information

Request a highway improvement

We receive many requests for changes to the local road network, including:

  • Changes to speed limits,
  • Traffic calming,
  • Pedestrian crossings,
  • New / improved pavements,
  • Disabled access improvements,
  • Cycle schemes,
  • Changes to parking restrictions,
  • New road signs.

Highways England is responsible for maintaining road markings on motorways. Please contact Highways England if the problem is on one of these roads:

  • M4
  • M25
  • A308(M)
  • A404(M)
  • A404

The responsibility for maintaining private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents.

To make a request for a highway improvement scheme, you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the scheme,
  • A description of the scheme,
  • Any background information, including the reasons for the request.
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

If you would like to request a change to parking restrictions, then please email [email protected].

Please note that we have separate processes if you want to apply for a disabled parking bay.