Request a highway improvement
We receive many requests for changes to the local road network, including:
- Changes to speed limits,
- Traffic calming,
- Pedestrian crossings,
- New / improved pavements,
- Disabled access improvements,
- Cycle schemes,
- Changes to parking restrictions,
- New road signs.
Highways England is responsible for maintaining road markings on motorways. Please contact Highways England if the problem is on one of these roads:
The responsibility for maintaining private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents.
To make a request for a highway improvement scheme, you will need to tell us:
- The location of the scheme,
- A description of the scheme,
- Any background information, including the reasons for the request.
- Upload a photo if you have one.
If you would like to request a change to parking restrictions, then please email [email protected].
Please note that we have separate processes if you want to apply for a disabled parking bay.