12. Haddon Road / Wootten Way Verge Protection Scheme - Results
In response to concerns about parked vehicles damaging verges and causing obstructions, the Borough is
proposing to install low, knee rail fencing in the verge in Haddon Road and opposite the shops in Wootten
Particular concern has been raised regarding the stretch of damaged verge in Haddon Road adjacent to the
junction with Wootten Way, and the stretch of cobbled verge in Wootten Way opposite the shops where cars
are left causing obstructions.
The Borough would welcome the views of residents on the following options:
- Option 1: Haddon Road - Fencing in the verge, just before the junction with Wootten Way, as shown in
- location A of the drawing.
- Option 2: Wootten Way - Fencing in the cobbled verge opposite the shopping area, as shown in location B
- of the drawing.
- Option 3: Fencing in both areas, as shown in location A and B of the drawing.
- Option 4: No measures to be implemented.
To view a plan showing the proposals, please see the Haddon Road / Wootten Way Verge Protection Scheme plan.
The consultation closed on Sunday 30 September 2018.
Although it will not be possible to respond individually to responses received, all responses will be taken into consideration and will help inform a decision on how to proceed.
Option 1 - 25% (4 responses)
Option 2 - 6% (1 response)
Option 3 - 69% (11 responses)
Option 4 - 0% (0 response)