6. Courthouse Road / St Marks Road / St Marks Crescent - Permanent mini-roundabout and Zebra crossing - Update
Following the implementation of a trial mini-roundabout scheme and a review of consultation responses received, the decision has been taken to implement a permanent mini-roundabout scheme.
The key findings from the consultation feedback received are as follows:
- 91 of 117 respondents (81%) were in favour of the mini-roundabout.
- 70% of respondents in favour of the proposed pedestrian crossing in St Marks Crescent.
- 72% of respondents in favour of the proposed pedestrian crossing on the northern arm of Courthouse Road.
- 73% of respondents in favour of the proposed pedestrian crossings being raised.
- 76% of respondents in favour of the permanent scheme being implemented as soon as is practical.
The scheme will include a flat topped road hump on each arm of the junction; with zebra crossings located at these traffic calming features on the western, northern and eastern arms. The speed cushions in place for the temporary scheme will be removed.
Work to implement the permanent arrangements is planned to start on Friday 9 August 2019 for a period of approximately four weeks.
Temporary traffic lights will be in use and road closures with signed diversion routes will also be in place for different arms of the junction during the construction period. Any changes to the programme will be displayed on notices on site.
To view a plan of the proposal, please see the Permanent mini-roundabout: Courthouse/St Marks Road/St Marks Crescent: Plan.
To view the works notification letter sent to residents in the local area, please see the Permanent mini-roundabout: Courthouse/St Marks Road/St Marks Crescent: Letter.
The survey closed on Wednesday 20 March 2019.