4. Apply for Universal Credit
You will need to give details of your:
- National Insurance number
- email address
- bank, building society or credit union account that you want your Universal Credit paid into
- tenancy/rent agreement (if you have one)
- savings or other capital
- any income that's not from work (for example, child maintenance)
- any other benefits you get
- any children, including their child benefit numbers
You may need these details for other people who live in your home, including a partner or grown up children.
You will need to use the gov.uk verify service (have proof of your ID to hand to speed up this process).