2. How much benefit will I get?
If you get income-based jobseeker's allowance or income support, you may get your full eligible rent paid.
If you do not get income-based jobseeker's allowance, income related employment and support allowance, guaranteed pension credit or income support, you may get your full eligible rent paid.
If you do not get these benefits the amount of housing benefit and council tax support you get depends on:
- the amount of eligible rent you pay
- your liability to council tax
- how many people live with you
- your personal circumstances
- how much money you have coming in
- how much you have in savings.
If you pay rent and/or council tax for your home and you live on a low income, you may be eligible for some help by claiming benefit.