Suggest topics for scrutiny review
We are inviting residents to suggest items for inclusion within the work programmes for the four relevant overview and scrutiny panels:
- Adults, Children and Health.
As part of the council’s Constitution part A7.2, we invite you to submit topics of scrutiny for potential consideration by the relevant overview and scrutiny panel.
If you have any suggestions of topics that you wish to be considered for scrutiny, please complete the suggestion form . Your request will then be considered for approval against the outlined criteria and considered for inclusion on the relevant work programme.
Topics should relate to a service, event or issue which affects the social, environmental or economic wellbeing of a group or community of the people in the borough.
What makes a good scrutiny topic:
- Scope - is it an issue of concern to our local communities and other organisations?
- Significance - could a review of this issue improve the council's (or other organisation's) processes or performance and make a positive difference to the lives of our residents?
- Appropriate - is this review timely and does it avoid duplicating other work?
Items that will not be considered include:
- Individual service complaints for which there is a corporate complaints procedure.
- Topics outside of the remit of the council or where the council has no powers or influence to change an outcome.
- Issues which scrutiny has considered in the last 12 months.
- Areas relating to quasi-judicial functions, for example: planning, licensing and standards.
For further information, please contact the Scrutiny Officer by emailing: [email protected] or call 01628 796560.