The monitoring officer is a statutory appointment under Section 5 of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. The monitoring officer cannot be the chief finance officer or the head of paid service.
- Monitoring and reviewing the council’s constitution: See Part 5A, para 7.2a.
- Dealing with member code of conduct complaints: See Part 7A. Information on the Members code of conduct, and decisions made.
- If you want to make a complaint about a councillors' behaviour or code of conduct, please see our make a complaint webpage.
- Maintaining and publishing the nembers’ register of interests: See Part 7A, Appendix A.
- Ensuring lawfulness and fairness in decision making: See Part 5A, para. 7.2b.
The monitoring officer is Mary Severin.
The deputy monitoring officer is Karen Shepherd, the council’s Head of Governance.
Further information may be found by writing to:
The Monitoring Officer
c/o Democratic Services
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Alternatively information can be obtained by emailing: [email protected].
Tel: 0118 974 6539 or 01628 796529.