Elections and referendums in 2018
Eton and Eton Wick Neighbourhood Planning Referendum - Thursday 12 July 2018
- View the Decision to Proceed to Referendum Notice.
A referendum relating to the adoption of the Eton and Eton Wick Neighbourhood Plan will be held.
The referendum will be held on Thursday 12 July 2018.
The question which will be asked in the referendum is:
- “Do you want the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Eton and Eton Wick to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement.
The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Eton and Eton Wick Neighbourhood Area, covering the Town Council of Eton.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if on Thursday 5 July 2018 they are registered as a local government elector within the referendum area and he or she is eighteen years of age or over on the date of the referendum.
The referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the referendum is £2,539.94. The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 3,016.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of documents may be inspected during the regular opening hours of the following buildings:
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF,
- Maidenhead library,
- Windsor library.
These documents are:
- The draft neighbourhood plan,
- The independent examiner's report,
- Summary of any representations submitted to the independent examiner,
- Decision Statement of the Local Planning Authority are satisfied that the draft plan meets those basic conditions as required in paragraph 8 (2) of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and complies with the provision made by or under Sections 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004,
- Statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning (including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum, which is prepared having regard to any guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
View the Information Statement notice.
View the Notice of Referendum.
Arrangements for the Referendum
- Poll cards will be sent out to all electors eligible to vote in the referendum around Thursday 7 June 2018.
- Postal votes will be sent out on Friday 29 June 2018.
- The deadline to register to vote in the referendum is Tuesday 26 June 2018.
- The deadline to apply to vote by post at the referendum is Wednesday 27 June 2018 at 5pm.
- The deadline to apply to vote by proxy at the referendum is Wednesday 4 July 2018 at 5pm.
For further information about the referendum please contact Electoral Services at [email protected] or 01628 683868.