Polling district and polling places review
Following the outcome of the Local Government Boundary Commission for England's (LGBCE) electoral review of the Royal Borough, a review of each ward's polling districts and designated polling places will follow this autumn.
It is necessary for the Borough to review its internal polling districts and polling places to ensure that the polling places remain convenient and accessible for electors on the day of elections. The responsibility for defining the polling districts and polling places is the responsibility of the Royal Borough, whilst the responsibility for drawing the ward boundaries was the LGBCE's.
The Royal Borough has devised a polling district and polling places scheme which will take effect at the next scheduled elections on Thursday 2 May 2019. A public consultation on the provisional polling district scheme ran from Monday 1 October until Friday 9 November and comments from the public were invited during this period. In light of the comments received, some amendments have been made to the scheme and a second consultation on the revised polling district scheme will run between Friday 23 November - Friday 14 December 2018.
The decision on the final scheme will be made by the end of December and Council will approve the changes at a meeting in January 2019.
Consultation 2 (Friday 23 November - Friday 14 December 2018)
There are four amendments proposed to the revised polling district scheme.
- To change the polling place for MPG2 from Pinkneys Green Cricket Club on Pinkneys Drive to the Youth & Community Centre on Blenheim Road.
- Revised map of MPG2.
- To create a new polling district (MOF4) to allow residents north of Avenue Road to the east of Bray Road and below the railway line to vote at Forest Bridge School instead of voting at Sportsable.
- Map of MOF4.
- To amend the polling district boundary between WCE1 and WCE2 to allow properties west of Hermitage Lane to vote at Clewer First School instead of Kiping Court.
- Revised maps of WCE1 and WCE2.
Datchet, Horton and Wraysbury
- To change the polling place for WDHW1 to Datchet Village Hall from the Women Institute's Hall so that the whole of Datchet is voting at the same venue.
- Revised map of WDHW1
The consultation documents are:
- Formal notice of the review
- Polling district and polling places scheme (revised)
- Polling district maps. The full suite of polling district maps, showing the boundary area in yellow and the polling place.
- Feedback questionnaire
- Frequently asked questions
In order to submit your comments and suggestions on the revised scheme, please contact Electoral Services using one of the methods below:
- By completing the above feedback questionnaire and emailing it to [email protected]
- By post to Polling district review, c/o Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF.
If you require more information about the review, please email Electoral Services at [email protected] or phone 01628 796306 or 682937.
View our electoral review page to see materials relating to the outcome of the electoral review.
We will be inviting comments on the revised polling district scheme until Friday 14 December 2018.
Consultation 1 (Monday 1 October - Friday 9 November 2018)
We invited comments on the draft polling district and polling places scheme until Friday 9 November.
Polling district and polling places scheme (Provisional). This document lists all of the polling districts, their corresponding polling places and an indication as to whether there is a change to the current arrangements.