Protecting the council's information - policies and advice
The council is committed to protect personal and sensitive information as part of its obligation to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
These information security policies define some of the ways the council complies with our data protection obligations. ensuring we take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
These policies not only apply to those working within the council, but also to external suppliers of council services, partner organisations and third parties. All of these groups are expected to comply with the policies.
If you have any questions about the policies, or your security responsibilities when working with the council, please contact the council's Data Protection Officer at [email protected] .
Working with other organisations
- Supplier and third party IT acceptable usage policy.
- Supplier and third party security declaration.
- Secure data transfer to other organisations policy.
- Data transfer agreement.
- The receipt of external data on portable computer media.
- Storage of information.
Use of technology
- Care of council owned equipment policy
- Care of council owned equipment issue record form
- IT access security policy.
- Electronic information asset management policy.
- Use of Email.
- Use of the internet policy.
- Use of mobile phones policy.