COVID19 : resident and business update

We will continue to keep residents and businesses updated about our community response hub, waste collections, and much more via our website and social media.

More information

2. Application Process

How to Apply for a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence

You can download a copy of the application form below:

You must submit your completed application and your fee of £5,000 to:

Licensing Team - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall
St Ives Road

Alternatively you can email the application to: [email protected]

You must submit a copy of your application to the address below within 7 days of submitting the application to the Licensing Team:

Debie Pearmain - Police Licensing Officer
Windsor Police Station
Alma Road

When completing your application, you must also complete the Notices below.


Applicants for a sex establishment licence must give public notice of the application by publishing an advertisement in a local newspaper that is circulated in the local authority area no later than 7 days after the date the application is made:

Notice Template

Where the application relates to premises, a notice should also be displayed on or near the premises in a place where it can be conveniently read by members of the public. The notice should be displayed for a period of 21 days beginning with the date the applications was made:

All notices should be in the form prescribed by The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and identify the premises or, of the application relates to a vehicle, vessel or stall, specify where it will be used as a sex establishment. You must send both Forms of Certification to the Licensing Authority when you submit the application.

Most sexual entertainment venues will require a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate granted under the Licensing Act 2003, as well as a sex establishment licence, in order to sell / supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, and provide late night refreshment.