1. Licensing Act 2003: Minor Variations to Premises Licences
Changes have been made to the Licensing Act 2003 so that there is now a procedure for making applications for minor variations to premises' licences and club premises certificates. In addition, the requirements for community premises such as village and church halls that there must be a designated premises' supervisor and that all alcohol must be served with the authority of a personal licence holder can be removed.
There will be four main types of minor variation applications:
- Minor changes to the structure or layout of a premises;
- Small adjustments to licensing hours;
- Removal of out of date or unenforceable conditions;
- The addition of certain licensable activities (including live music).