1. MASH and Early Help Hub
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Early Help Hub (EHH) is the single point of contact for all safeguarding and wellbeing concerns regarding children and young people in RBWM. It does this by:
Acting as a “front door” to manage all safeguarding referrals including the undertaking of Child Protection investigations where required
Acting as a “front door” to Early Help Hub
The partners who make up the MASH are:
- Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead,
- Thames Valley Police,
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
- National Probation Service.
The services supporting MASH are:
- Youth Offending and Youth Services.
The MASH and Early Help Hub are designed to meet the two key principles of effective safeguarding as defined by Working Together 2015.
• Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility: for services to be effective each professional and organisation should play their full part; and
• A child-centred approach: for services to be effective they should be based on a clear understanding of the needs and views of children.
Monday to Thursday
8.45am to 5.15pm
8.45am to 4.45pm
At all other times contact:
Out of Hours Team
Telephone: 01344 786543
Remember if you believe a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 999.
More detailed information on how to make a referral to MASH is available from the Local Safeguarding Children Board website.