Armed Forces Covenant - Businesses
Businesses and community organisations who wish to demonstrate their support for the Armed Forces community are invited to make a voluntary pledge which can be adapted to suit the organisation and could include commitments such as:
- Promoting the business as an armed forces friendly organisation.
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
- Supporting the employment of veterans young and old.
- Supporting employees who chose to be members of the Reserve Forces.
- Employing Service spouses and partners and endeavouring to offer flexibility in granting leave related to a partner's deployment.
- Offering support to local cadet units.
- Offering discounts to members of the Armed Forces Community.
Further detail on the current Armed Forces Covenant format can be found on the gov.uk website.
Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS)
Employers are encouraged to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
More information about the scheme can be found on the gov.uk website.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is a silver award holder.