Armed Forces Covenant
Our local Armed Forces Covenant is a statement that our communities can be mutually supportive - aiming to:
- further support our local Armed Forces community,
- nurture better understanding of issues affecting the Armed Forces community,
- recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the Armed Forces Community,
- encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into the local life of the Royal Borough,
- encourage the local Armed Forces Community to help and support the wider community, such as joint events and projects.
Please visit the Armed Forces Covenant website for more detailed information.
The website has been developed to enable serving personnel, service leavers, veterans and families to access a central point of information about the Covenant, and uses real life examples to show what the Covenant does and the practical support available.
Every central government department, every local authority in mainland Great Britain, and more than 900 businesses and organisations of all sizes have now signed the Covenant.