Wedding ceremonies - Coronavirus information
Thank you for your enquiry about your wedding plans, we understand that you are worried about this.
During this unprecedented time, we cannot be certain how events will unfold or indeed what the prevailing Government advice and guidance will be at the time of your marriage.
Here are some simple steps to getting married in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the order in which to take them.
- Find the person you wish to marry – we can’t help you with this one!
- Decide where you would like to marry and check availability/book the venue.
This could be at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room in the Town Hall, the Windsor Guildhall or any of the approved venues on our list.
- Book the registrars to attend your wedding – a maximum of one year ahead of the marriage date. See our ceremony fees page for latest prices.
- Give legal notice of your intent to marry to the registrars in the area in which you live. You must do this at the register office for the district in which you live. Please remember you will need an appointment to do this. This must be done a minimum of one month in advance of your ceremony. If one of you is a non EU citizen please call us on 01628 796422 for further advice or consult the gov.uk website for full details.
- Fill in and return your wedding day checklist – sent to you with your confirmation pack.
- Marry the person in number 1! We can certainly help with this. Have a wonderful day!
See our brochure for more information about getting married in the Royal Borough.