Getting married/forming a civil partnership
Ceremonies - Coronavirus information
Following the Governments announcement on Tuesday 23 June 2020, that small weddings can take place from Saturday 4 July 2020, we are waiting for further guidance from them regarding risk assessments and social distancing and will update this page with information as to how this may affect your wedding as soon as possible.
Notices of marriage/civil partnership (24 June 2020)
We are now partially open for appointments to give notice of marriage/civil partnership.
Please read the following information fully so that you understand what is required when contacting us:
- Is your wedding/civil partnership is due to take place within the next 6-8 weeks only?
- Do you pay your council tax to The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead at your home address (you will need to check this yourselves)?
- Do you need an appointment to give notice?
If yes, to all three, please email: [email protected] with the following details.
- In the subject line please put: your names, date, place and time of marriage and a daytime telephone number.
- Please put ‘appointment to give notice’ in the body of the email.
We will then reply to your email asking for further details, and once we receive your reply we will call you to check everything, and make you an appointment. Please note that our call to you will show on your phone as ‘private number’ or ‘number withheld’.
Please note: the availability of appointments will be very limited. They will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in Maidenhead only, therefore, we ask that you are flexible with your date and time.
Ceremony booking form
If you would like to book a wedding or civil partnership to take place from 1 September 2020 onwards, please complete the form below. We will check availability, call you to confirm and take full payment by debit/credit card if you wish to proceed. Please see our fees page for further information.
Please note : We are unable to take any new bookings for ceremonies in June, July or August 2020.
We are now able to take bookings up to Thursday 31 March 2022.
- Ceremony times at a venue can be on the hour or half hour.
- Ceremonies taking place in the Maidenhead Room, Town Hall are at:
Monday- Friday 10.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
Saturday 10am, 11am, 12pm.
Saturday afternoon and Sundays – available by individual request and enhanced fees.
Please also be advised that due to current restrictions on our working practices, we are unable to offer statutory civil partnership in our Superintendent's office for the foreseeable future. If you require a civil partnership ceremony you will need to book our ceremony room.
Please note : If you complete the form below to book a new ceremony, we will contact you before 4pm on the next working day to complete the booking. Please ensure that you will be available to take calls on the telephone number you supply. If you have not heard from us by that time then please resubmit your form.
If you wish to move your existing wedding booking due to COVID-19, please email us directly on: [email protected].
Here are some simple steps to getting married in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the order in which to take them.
- Find the person you wish to marry – we can’t help you with this one!
- Decide where you would like to marry and check availability/book the venue.
This could be at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room in the Town Hall, the Windsor Guildhall or any of the approved venues on our list.
- Book the registrars to attend your wedding – a maximum of one year ahead of the marriage date. See our ceremony fees page for latest prices.
- Give legal notice of your intent to marry to the registrars in the area in which you live. You must do this at the register office for the district in which you live. Please remember you will need an appointment to do this. This must be done a minimum of one month in advance of your ceremony. If one of you is a non EU citizen please call us on 01628 796422 for further advice or consult the gov.uk website for full details.
- Fill in and return your wedding day checklist – sent to you with your confirmation pack.
- Marry the person in number 1! We can certainly help with this. Have a wonderful day!
See our brochure for more information about getting married in the Royal Borough.