- Latest flood warning.
- Flood warnings - environment agency website
- Weather forecast - Met office website
Please see our twitter page for ongoing updates.
Are you at risk of flooding?
Environment Agency is responsible for flood protection and issuing flood warnings. The Royal Borough is committed to working with the Agency, the emergency services and with local people to offer assistance when flooding takes place.
Before, during and after flooding incidents, the council will help wherever possible by:
- Providing sandbags to homes (but only where there is an imminent risk of flooding).
- Closing roads if flooded.
- Looking after the elderly and vulnerable.
- Providing evacuation centres' if large numbers of people are made homeless.
Other useful links
- Severe weather advice - Met office website.
- How to protect your family and home in the threat of flooding - GOV.UK website.
- Environment Agency floodline number: 0345 9881188.
- Flooding: planning, managing and recovering from a flood - GOV.UK website
- Crossing a river at a ford - The AA website
In the event of severe winter weather we’ll be updating the website, including our Facebook pages and our Twitter feed.
During severe weather vital information on school closures, revised bin collections, road conditions and other snow/ice related details can be found on our website and by listening to local radio stations.
Emergency number during office hours: 01628 683804 (8am-6pm, Monday-Friday).
Out of hours emergency number: 01753 853517.