3. Your food waste caddy
To use the food waste service:
- Line your indoor caddy with any plastic bag (or pick up a free roll of plastic bags from your local library or Maidenhead Town Hall),
- Food waste can also be loose or wrapped in newspaper,
- When the caddy is full, tie the bag and place the bag in your outdoor food bin,
- Keep the outdoor bin locked using the lockable handle.
The following items may be put in your food waste caddy:
- Food waste (for example all uneaten food and plate scrapings),
- Meat, fish and bones,
- Dairy except for milk (for example cheese, eggs and egg shells),
- Tea and coffee grounds (including tea bags),
- Rice, pasta and beans,
- Bread, cakes and pastries,
- Fruit and vegetables.
Please do not put any of these materials in your food caddy:
- Packaging of any kind,
- Liquids such as milk,
- Oil or liquid fat,
- Any material that is not food waste.