You can recycle old clothes and textiles with your weekly collection service. The items we collect include:
- Old, worn clothing,
- Socks and tights,
- Shoes (paired),
- Unwanted handbags,
- Bedding, blankets.
We cannot collect duvets and pillows.
To use this weekly service:
- Place your clean, dry clothes and textiles in any plastic bag,
- Label or write on the bag 'textiles',
- Place the bag next to your bins on collection day (don't place the bag in your recycling bin),
- We can only collect one bag from each house (we cannot collect textiles from blocks of flats),
- Do not put your bag out for collection in bad weather (we can't collect wet items).
A different vehicle is used and may come either before or after your other bins have been emptied. If a bag is not collected then let us know and put the bag out for collection on your next bin day.
Alternatively, old clothes and textiles can be recycled in a number of ways.
- Clothes in a good condition can be donated to charity,
- You could use a clothes / textiles recycling bank.