8. Get Involved
Volunteering at the Museum
We are looking for people who can bring enthusiasm and inspiration to our local heritage and culture in our small local history museum where audio wands and audio visual presentations illustrate the history of the town and the Borough.
Volunteer roles include:
Museum Steward Volunteers
- On duty on a 2 hour session at the Museum, especially at the weekends, including Bank Holidays.
- Conduct guided tours of the Guildhall.
- Assist with reception desk duties.
- Stewarding at events and activities and assisting with preparation.
Curatorial and Project Volunteers
- Looking after the artefacts at the museum store.
- Doing historical research.
- Carrying out project work.
- Mounting exhibitions.
- Answering local history enquiries from the public.
To speak to us, call 01628 685686 or email [email protected]
Friends of Windsor and Royal Borough Museum
We are a thriving group dedicated to making the history of the local area available to you.
Since 1991, our work has been focused on the campaign for a Windsor based museum.
We are delighted with the new museum in The Guildhall and our fundraising continues to support the museum and its displays and activities, bringing information and inspiration to all about the history of the area..
We are registered charity 1115540 and have an annual programme of talks and social events. Our members receive a newsletter three times a year.
You can volunteer at the museum by helping with, and stewarding exhibitions, events and activities. You can help the public with their enquiries and research at the Museum Store which is open, by appointment, on Wednesday mornings. You can contact us via our form on our webpages. Brigitte Mitchell, Chair