9. Planning a visit
The Guildhall, High Street, Windsor SL4 1LR
- Mondays closed - except for booked school groups.
- Tuesdays - Saturdays 10am-4pm.
- Sundays 12noon-4pm .
- Bank Holiday Mondays 12noon-4pm.
- £2 - Adults (aged 18 and over) .
- £1 - Children aged 12 and above.
- Free - advantage card holders, Friends of the Museum members, Museums Association and Art Pass members, Ministry of Defence, Carers.
Certain events are free during the year so please check our Events and Activities page for more details.
- The museum is on the ground floor with wheelchair access. (Carers have free entry)
- The rest of the Guildhall is accessible via a stair lift.
- The museum entrance is accessible by wheelchair over flat pavement and worn cobbles (stretching about 12 ft) next to the The Jersey Pearl Shop (known locally as the Crooked House). Any queries, please phone us on tel : 01628 685686 or email [email protected].
Come off the M4 at junction 6 (Slough) and follow signs to Windsor. Come off the M3 at junction 3 and follow the signs to Windsor. Nearest car parks are Victoria Street SL4 1EG and King Edward Court Car park SL4 1TG, River Street SL4 1QT, Romney Lock Road, SL4 6HX. See Windsor car parks page for more information.
Any bus to the town centre or City Sightseeing Tour bus at Queen Victoria Statue.
From London Paddington, change at Slough for Windsor and Eton Central Station.
or from London Waterloo to Windsor and Eton Riverside.
Both stations come into the town centre are a few minutes walk to the Museum, following signs to the Guildhall.
There are bicycle stands behind the Guildhall by The Prince Harry Pub.
The Guildhall is signposted by finger posts throughout the town centre.
The museum is wheelchair accessible. A stair lift gives access to the Guildhall tours only on selected days; please contact us for more information. Nearest accessible toilets are in Bachelors Acre and Windsor library. Blue badge parking; six spaces at top of Thames Street.