7. Get involved
Volunteering at the Museum
We are looking for people who can bring enthusiasm and inspiration to our local heritage and culture in our small local history museum where audio wands and audio visual presentations illustrate the history of the town and the borough.
Volunteer roles include:
Museum steward volunteers
- On duty on a two hour session at the Museum, especially at the weekends, including bank holidays.
- Conduct guided tours of the Guildhall.
- Assist with reception desk duties.
- Stewarding at events and activities and assisting with preparation.
Curatorial and project volunteers
- Doing historical research.
- Carrying out project work.
- Mounting exhibitions.
- Answering local history enquiries from the public.