1. Fit for Life
There are lots of exciting opportunities to volunteer on the Fit for Life Programme. You don't need to be sporty to get involved; typical volunteer roles require enthusiastic, friendly and motivating individuals who possess a range of skills in areas including communication, leadership and organisation.
Benefits of volunteering on the Fit for Life Programme include:
- A welcome letter.
- A free T-shirt
- A monthly update which includes volunteering and training opportunities.
- Access to free training opportunities, including; First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People, First Steps into Coaching.
- Picking up volunteering hours to complete awards such as Community Sports Leader Awards/step into sport/ Millennium volunteers/ and Duke of Edinburgh.
- Experience in coaching and working in different environments.
- Having the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by qualified coaches.
- Opportunity to take a lead on games and activities.
- Links to other opportunities with sports/activities.
- Practical sports and activities experience.
- Confidence/team building.
- Being a part of a team that make a positive impact to young people lives.