Fit For Life Week - Saturday 20 May - Sunday 28 May 2017
What is Fit for Life Week?
Fit for Life week offers a variety of sporting and physical activity tasters for 14+ adults and families. The week is part of a three year project funded through Sport England taking place in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. The aim of the project is to encourage residents 14+ to adults and families to take part in sport and physical activity on a weekly basis.
Over the week local sports clubs and leisure providers across the Borough are opening their doors to give the public an opportunity to see what is on offer at their club and to try out their sporting activities.
When is it?
Fit for Life Week is run from Saturday 20 May until Sunday 28 May 2017. Please see individual sports for what days and times they run.
Who can get involved?
This initiative is open to everyone (Please see age groups and specific requirements for each activity).For more information please contact activity providers directly.
Where is it run?
The Fit for Life Week will be taking place across various venues in the Borough, including Leisure Centres, Sports Clubs, Community Centres and Parks.
How much does it cost?
The majority of the activities run over the Fit for Life Week are free of charge.
Who organises the Fit for Life Week?
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) Sports Development Team organise the Fit for Life Week in partnership with Leisure Centres and Sports Clubs.
So how do I get involved?
To get involved with the Fit for Life Week, it couldn’t be easier.
Take these 5 easy steps
1. Look through the timetable and choose the activities you would like to do.
(if there are any sports you would like to try, but are not included in this timetable please contact the Sports Development Team as below, who can support in finding local clubs).
2. Contact the sports club / activity ASAP to book a place, mention ‘Fit for Life’ and find out any additional information if required.
3. Take part in the session
4. Find out more about the club and how to join
5. JOIN the club
- At the time of print sessions are as set out in the timetable. Sessions can be subject to change and may be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Please contact the relevant clubs to books a place and also to confirm the session is running. We apologise in advance for any alterations to the stated dates and times.
- The council is not the agent of the business/s mentioned and makes no claims as to the capabilities of those service providers. You should make your own enquires by checking on memberships of trade associations and other relevant bodies and where applicable on adequate insurance cover. It is also prudent to seek independent references as appropriate.
- If you would like this booklet in larger print, please contact the Sports Development Team (details below)
Further Enquiries / Feedback
If you have any further enquiries / feedback regarding Fit for Life, please feel free to contact the sports development team.
We welcome all feedback and use this feedback to evaluate, plan and improve for future programmes.
Please use the contact information below:
Tel: 01628 685791
Email: [email protected]