Which neighbourhood plan areas have been designated?
On 21 August 2014 Cabinet approved two neighbourhood areas for Windsor. These are the Central Windsor neighbourhood area and the Windsor neighbourhood area. The council has a total of 11 designated neighbourhood plan areas across the borough following applications from parish councils, a town council and neighbourhood forums.
- Ascot and the Sunnings (applied for jointly by Ascot and Sunninghill Parish and Sunningdale Parish Councils).
- Bisham (applied for by Bisham Parish Council).
- Bray (applied for by Bray Parish Council).
- Central Windsor (applied for by the Central Windsor business neighbourhood forum).
- Datchet (applied for by Datchet Parish Council).
- Eton and Eton Wick (applied for by Eton Town Council).
- Horton and Wraysbury (applied for jointly by Horton and Wraysbury Parish Councils).
- Hurley and the Walthams (applied for by White Waltham, Waltham St Lawrence and Hurley Parish Councils, and Shottesbrooke Parish Meeting).
- Maidenhead and Cox Green (applied for by Cox Green Parish Council).
- Old Windsor (applied for by Old Windsor Parish Council).
- Windsor (applied for by the Windsor neighbourhood forum).
The map of designated neighbourhood areas shows all designated areas within the borough.
A "Neighbourhood Area" is the geographical area that a Neighbourhood Development Plan will cover. If your organisation wants to designate a Neighbourhood Area you will need to apply to the Local Planning Authority. In areas without a parish or town council, local people will need to decide which organisation should produce a neighbourhood plan or development order. These can be existing community or business groups or local people forming a new group. Before a community or business group can be formally designated as a Neighbourhood Forum it must apply to the Local Planning Authority for the proposed boundary of the Neighbourhood Plan area to be formally consulted upon and then designated first. An application for both a neighbourhood area and forum can be submitted and consulted on at the same time.