Report an Abandoned Vehicle
We are able to investigate and remove abandoned vehicles that have been illegally left by their owners on council owned land and not been used for a period of time.
This does not include vehicles being stored or used by the owner on the public highway.
You should contact the police if a vehicle is:
- Obstructing the public highway.
- A hazard to road users.
Otherwise to report an abandoned vehicle please tell us:
- Make and model of vehicle,
- How long the vehicle has been there (if known).
It will also be necessary to provide your own contact details.
- To avoid any damage to reported vehicles we do not place any form of notice on the vehicle until all proper checks have been processed. A seven days notice will then be placed on the windscreen.
- Removal of abandoned vehicles can take several weeks.