Apply for a disabled parking bay near your home
You can apply for a disabled parking bay to be provided near to your home. There is no charge for this.
To qualify you must meet the following conditions:
- You must hold a recognised blue badge and live near the proposed location,
- You must have a permanent and substantial disability that makes walking short distances difficult or impossible,
- The vehicle used is registered to the blue badge holder's address and kept at that address,
- There is no access to off-street parking such as a driveway or garage,
- There must be a safe and suitable location on the public highway,
- There are parking problems on the road which prevent you parking in a convenient location,
- Your application must be supported by Social Services. They are responsible for assessing the severity of the applicant's disability and the maximum reasonable distance a bay could be located from their house.
Other mobility problems or factors may be considered at the discretion of the council.
- We are unable to provide a disabled parking bay for the use of relatives or carers,
- A disabled bay is not person specific and can be used by any blue badge holder.
When applying you will need:
- Your blue badge serial number and expiry date,
- Your vehicle registration number, and
- Your Doctors name and surgery address.
After you apply
We will visit the location to assess the suitability for a disabled parking bay.
The time from your application to having a bay marked out can be up to six months.
As with any other parking restriction, we are required by law to consult on the introduction of any disabled parking bay. Only the location of the proposed bay is advertised, not the applicant's name or the nature of their disability.
Any objections received about a scheme will be considered by councillors.