COVID19 : resident and business update

We will continue to keep residents and businesses updated about our community response hub, waste collections, and much more via our website and social media.

More information

Care workers

You may be entitled to a council tax reduction if you meet the criteria below.

To qualify, all of the criteria must be met:

  • the person must be employed in the provision of care or support to another person or persons, 
  • they must be employed by a charity or public authority or have been introduced to the employer by a body established for charitable purposes,
  • they must work for at least 24 hours each week providing care and support, 
  • their salary or wages must not exceed £36 per week, and
  • reside where the care is given or in premises which have been provided for the better performance of the work.

Proof of your salary (e.g. a letter from your employer/wage slips etc) will be required along with the application form.