Free windows and doors scam

We have been made aware that there is a company claiming to be from the Royal Borough. We are not involved in this activity. Residents should report this to the police on 101.

2. Miscellaneous discount or exemption

You do not have to pay council tax if your property is unoccupied and is:

  • Class B: Unoccupied and owned by a charity,
  • Class G; Unoccupied property-Occupation prohibited by law,
  • Class H: Unoccupied property-Pending Occupation by a minister of religion,
  • Class I:Unoccupied Property-Empty as you have left to receive care,
  • Class J: Unoccupied property-Empty as person vacated in order to provide care,
  • Class K: Unoccupied property-Empty as person living away from home whilst a student,
  • Class L: Unoccupied property-Mortgagee has taken possession,
  • Class M: Halls of residence (owned by univerity/colleges),
  • Class O: Property owned by the Ministry of Defence,
  • Class R: Empty caravan pitch or mooring,
  • Class S: Occupied by person(s) under 18 years of age,
  • Class T: Unoccupied property-Self contained property forming part of another dwelling where it cannot be let separately under planning restrictions,
  • Class V: Occupied property-Occupier is entitled to diplomatic immunity.