1. Data Protection
We have an obligation to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. When you provide us with information by which you can be identified, it will only be used for the purpose for which it was originally collected and any other lawful purpose which we must comply with.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is a data controller for all the personal data processing it engages in. We continue to have responsibility for the personal data processing activities of third parties we engage to undertake processing on our behalf.
We have notified the Information Commissioner of the types of personal data we process and why.
A register of notifications can be found at ico.gov.uk.
Data Subject Rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides you with rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, including:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
- to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.
- to prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing.
- to request a manual review of automated decisions.
- compensation if damage results from any breach of the Act by the Council.
- to request action to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
Subject Access Right
You are entitled to receive a copy of your information within 40 calendar days of making a request providing that:
- your request is in writing - an email is acceptable submitted to the Information Management Team
- your request contains the details we require to enable us to locate your information
- you present yourself to us with adequate information from which we can identify you (e.g. photo-id (driving licence) and a current utility bill)
you provide payment of £10 by cheque made payable to The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (not RBWM).