1. Hackney Carriage (Taxi) and Private Hire Licences
The Royal Borough is responsible for the licensing of Hackney Carriage (Taxis), Private Hire Drivers and Private Hire Operators who wish to operate within the Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
As a new applicant please contact the customer contact centre on 01628 683840 for an application pack to be sent to you. Before a driver licence can be issued checks will be carried out to determine if you are a 'fit and proper person' to be issued with a licence.
- Hackney carriage and private hire licence application forms
- Hackney driver and vehicle carriage conditions
- Private hire driver and vehicle conditions
All new applicants applying for either a Private Hire Driver, Hackney Carriage or Combined Driver licence must contact one of the following providers and book a Practical Driving Test.
- Blue Lamp Trust https://www.bluelamptrust.org.uk/Driver_Training/
- Diamond Advanced Motorists Ltd http://www.advancedmotoring.co.uk/taxi-and-private-hire
Applicants who are applying for either a Hackney Carriage or Combined Driver Licence will need to book their test with Green Penny as they provide the Wheelchair Assessment required for Hackney Vehicles.
- Green Penny http://www.greenpenny.co.uk/taxi-driver-assessment (the “Enhanced Assessment (Including Wheelchair Exercise)” test).