2. Braywick Cemetery, Maidenhead
Braywick Cemetery, Braywick Road, Maidenhead SL6 1DH
Located on the A308 dual carriageway south of the town centre before the roundabout for the M4 and A330.
8am every day until half an hour after sunset or 4.30pm, whichever is the later.
Layout, features and facilities
Braywick has an attractive setting and an air of peace and tranquillity.
- Grave plots are in double rows.
- Graves are turfed over and maintained as a lawn.
- Bearing in mind the need for personal tributes, an area of 18 inches from the headstone can be planted out.
- Cremation plots and gardens of remembrance are also available for the interment of cremated remains only.
- Plots are leased for a period of 50 years. Additional 10 year extentions can be purchased
Opened in July 1953, the entire cemetery was set out as a lawn cemetery with specific sections for different religious faiths.