Request a copy birth certificate
How do I apply for a copy of a birth certificate?
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Registration Service holds birth records for the Royal Borough from 1 July 1837 to present day and you can apply to the Maidenhead office for a copy certificate.
Some boundaries may have changed over the years and we will be pleased to advise where applications should be made.
We can only supply copies of birth certificates where the birth occurred within the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Priority service : £35 - per copy - issued/posted 1st class same day (orders up to 3pm) or next working day.
- Standard service : £11 per copy - issued/posted 2nd class within 15 working days.
You should give as much information as possible to enable the correct register entry to be found and copied for you.
- We can take payment by credit or debit card over the phone - please call 01628 796422.
- Alternatively you can apply in person at the Register office.
- We do not offer a 'while you wait' service to personal callers.
- If you wish to apply for a certificate online, please apply to the General Register Office.
To apply by post
To apply by post please send us a short note giving us details of the certificate you require. Please make sure you enclose your own telephone number so we can contact you if we need to check anything before issuing the certificate.
Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. Please remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope with postal applications or we will not be able to process your request. Please do not send cash in the post.