Apply for a organisation blue badge
An organisation blue badge can be for use in a motor vehicle (or vehicles) when that vehicle (or vehicles) is used to transport disabled people who would qualify for a blue badge in their own right.
A blue badge will cost: £10.00.
If the people that you transport meet this criteria you may qualify for a blue badge at our discretion:
- They are registered blind,
- They receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- They score eight points or more in the “Moving around” activity of Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- They use a vehicle supplied for disabled people by a Government health department,
- They receive a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement,
- They have a severe permanent and substantial disability which means you are unable to walk or have considerable difficulty walking. In this case we may ask you more questions to help us determine whether you are eligible for a badge,
- They have a severe disability in both arms, regularly drive a vehicle but cannot turn the steering wheel by hand even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob.
It is the responsibility of the organisation to ensure that its employees use the badge properly:
- The badge can only be used by employees for the purpose of transporting disabled people,
- The badge can only be displayed when disabled people are being transported,
- The badge always remains our property and we can ask for it to be returned if it is being misused,
- It is a criminal offence to misuse the badge, and could lead to a £1000 fine.
For further information, please read the blue badge organisational guide.
To apply for or renew a blue badge we will need:
- Your name and address of organisation,
- The nature of the service provided, eg day centre, rehabilitation,
- The nature of disabilities of people who are transported,
- The purpose for which vehicles eg. shopping, appointments,
- Your current blue badge number and expiry date (if renewing),
- Registration number and type of vehicles used regularly.