COVID19 : resident and business update

We will continue to keep residents and businesses updated about our community response hub, waste collections, and much more via our website and social media.

More information

Apply for a licence to sell fireworks

If you want to sell fireworks during the “permitted periods” you will not require an all year round licence, however you will still need a storage licence.

The “permitted periods” to sell fireworks under a storage licence are:

  • First day of Chinese New Year and three days prior,
  • Diwali and three days prior,
  • Between 15 October and 10 November,
  • Between 26 and 31 December.

The fee for a storage licence depends on how long the licence is to run (it can be from one year to five years) and the quantity of fireworks that you wish to store.  Renewals of existing licences are subject to a discounted rate.  To find out the relevant fee, please contact us.

If you want to sell fireworks all year you will need an all year round licence.  The fee for this licence is £500.

Apply for a licence