2. Terms and conditions
1. We may use other data we hold on you to help maintain accurate garden waste records.
2. The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions and amend the acceptance criteria at any time.
3. The scheme will run annually beginning on the date of your first collection and fortnightly thereafter. Your new green bin will be delivered the following full week after payment has been made. Collection of your green waste will not be made the same week your new bin is delivered. The first collection will be made in either the first or second full week following delivery of your new green bin. Due to any unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to delay the delivery of your new green bin.
4. There is an annual charge for the service. You will receive an invitation to renew beforehand for your records but if it is not paid within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead’s payment terms, the bin will not be emptied.
5. Joining the service does not entitle you to a set number of collections or volume of waste. We aim to collect green garden waste fortnightly all year round with the exception of two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period. However, we reserve the right to suspend collections in exceptional circumstances, for example adverse weather conditions.
6. The bin must only be used for storing garden waste.
7. If you move house within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead you should take your bin with you. You will need to tell us where and when you will be moving so we can make sure your service continues. If you move out of the area you should not take your bin and the remainder of the annual fee is not refundable.
8. No refunds will be given and you cannot transfer the service to anyone else. If you wish to cancel the service please tell us immediately.
9. The bin must be placed just within the boundary of your property for emptying by 7am on collection day and no earlier than the night before. The bin must be clearly visible.
10. Please ensure your house name or number is displayed clearly on the side of your bin. If we cannot identify which property the bin relates to, we shall not be able to empty the bin.
11. We reserve the right to change your collection day but will notify you in advance. If your collection falls on a Bank or Public Holiday, it may be collected on an alternative advised day.
12. Only green garden waste contained within the bin and with the lid closed will be taken. We will only collect the green garden waste that is left in the bin supplied. Green garden waste placed in the bin must be left loose and not contain bags or containers of any kind.
13. If the bin is too heavy for safe handling and cannot be lifted safely by the collection vehicle, we shall not be able to empty it.
14. If there are any wrong materials in the bin, we shall not collect it and you will need to remove all unacceptable waste. We shall then empty the bin at the next scheduled
15. We will charge you £25 if we have to empty contaminated waste from your green garden waste bin.
16. If you damage the wheelie bin and it needs replacing you will be required to pay a one-off charge.
(Reviewed May 2018)