Local Development Scheme
The timetable for producing the Borough Local Plan is set out in the Local Development Scheme (LDS). The LDS was updated in June 2018.
Set out below are the key stages in preparing the Borough Local Plan.
- December 2016 consultation package.
- Consideration of responses.
- Preparation of ‘Submission’ plan.
- Final draft plan considered by cabinet and council.
- June 2017 Final 'Submission' consultation.
- January 2018 Submission to Secretary of State for examination.
- Examination (including hearings) by Planning Inspector.
- Receive Inspector's report.
In addition, the LDS sets out the timetables for two other plans that the Council is preparing:
- A Traveller Local Plan and
- A Joint Minerals and Waste Local Plan (with Bracknell Forest, Wokingham and Reading Borough Councils).