Report a pothole

We are responsible for maintaining most of the roads within the borough, with some exceptions:

Highways England is responsible for maintaining motorways and trunk roads. Please contact Highways England if the pothole is on one of these roads:

  • M4
  • M25
  • A308(M)
  • A404(M)
  • A404

The responsibility for maintenance of private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents. 

To report a pothole, you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the pothole,
  • Whether it is on the road or pavement,
  • The approximate size,
  • Your contact details if you want to be updated on progress,
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

This form should only be used to report minor issues. If you need to report an emergency situation, please call our contact centre.

Please note: As part of the reporting process you will be required to pinpoint the location on an interactive map. This map is not supported by Internet Explorer.

Report a pothole