Apply for a housing interest free loan
The interest free loan is available to residents to secure accommodation in the private sector that is affordable and suitable. The maximum that can be borrowed is £2000* per household.
You can apply for an interest free loan if you meet the conditions below:
- You are a resident who has lived or worked in the borough for a minimum of 6 months and are in need of alternative accommodation,
- You are a resident who is threatened with homelessness or are homeless.
Information that you will need to know before applying:
- Full address of the property you are interested in,
- Landlords full name, and address,
- Does the property have a current energy performance certificate,
- If gas installed, does it have a current gas safety certificate,
- What type of property, eg. flat, house and how many bedrooms,
- An estimation of what you can afford to repay on a regular basis.
*Please note that if you require more than £2000 your application will be assessed in line with your current housing situation.