Traveller local plan: Issues and Options
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is preparing a Traveller Local Plan which will set out how the accommodation needs of some of the specialised communities in the borough (gypsy and traveller, travelling showpeople and boat dweller groups) would be met. This will be subject to an ongoing programme of engagement and consultation. When it is adopted, the Traveller Local Plan will form part of the development plan for the area and be used in determining planning applications.
The issues and options paper forms the first stage in plan-preparation. A vital part of this process is seeking the views of residents from the travelling communities, the settled population and other interested parties on the options and questions explored in the paper and also on the supporting documents.
The Issues and Options consultation ran from Monday 14 January 2019 until Monday 11 March 2019 (midnight). The consultation is now closed and no more comments can be accepted.
Documents can be viewed below:
- Traveller Local Plan Issues and Options paper.
- Traveller Local Plan Issues and Options - Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment report.
- Traveller Site Assessment Methodology.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment June 2018.
- Traveller Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report December 2018.
They are also available to view in the following locations:
- On our Online Portal under the supporting documents tab
All comments received will be considered as part of the process for preparing the draft Traveller Local Plan and will be made public on our online portal in due course.
For information on Data Protection, please see our website at https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/3962/planning_policy_consultations_and_call_for_sites.pdf.