Traveller local plan: Issues and Options
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is preparing a Traveller Local Plan which will set out how the accommodation needs of some of the specialised communities in the borough (gypsy and traveller, travelling showpeople and boat dweller groups) would be met. This will be subject to an ongoing programme of engagement and consultation. When it is adopted, the Traveller Local Plan will form part of the development plan for the area and be used in determining planning applications.
The issues and options paper forms the first stage in plan-preparation. A vital part of this process is seeking the views of residents from the travelling communities, the settled population and other interested parties on the options and questions explored in the paper and also on the supporting documents.
The consultation will run from Monday 14 January 2019 until Monday 11 March 2019 (midnight).
Documents can be viewed below
- Traveller Local Plan Issues and Options paper.
- Traveller Local Plan Issues and Options - Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment report.
- Traveller Site Assessment Methodology.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment June 2018.
- Traveller Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report December 2018.
They are also available to view in the following locations:
- On our Online Portal under the supporting documents tab.
- At all local libraries and Parish Councils within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (during their normal opening hours).
How to make a comment:
The best way to submit a response on the Traveller Local Plan Issues and Options paper is to use our Online portal.
Please download our Guide to using the Online portal for further information.
Alternatively, you can download the Response form (which is also available in the supporting documents tab on our Online portal or in paper form from the council and parish offices and libraries during their normal opening hours) complete it and send to our offices by either of the following methods:
- Scan and send via email to: [email protected].
- Via post to: Planning Policy, The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1RF.
Please note that responses must be attributable to named individuals or organisations. They will be available for public inspection on our portal and website and cannot be treated as confidential. For further information on Data Protection, please see our website at https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200409/dataprotection.
Comments must be received no later than Monday 11 March 2019 (midnight).